Tuesday, September 19, 2017

#poetry - Ode for the Coming of the Storm

“I turned to speak to God
About the world's despair
But to make bad matters worse
I found God wasn't there.”

― Robert Frost

I turned and read that God was not there
and was quiet before a thought so wild
as my instinct was to disagree.

No doubt the writer felt himself stripped bare
and who knows by how many things from his style
nor whether would I say the same if they were upon me.

Of what has come upon me I could say were many
and some were torture or cruel or unfair
that I too have asked where is He like a child.

I asked and thought and prayed quietly
til I lost my mind by torment of despair
a sound and form torrent of no time trial.

Yet every storm creates a calm for a while
that lasts enough to learn what it is to be
for it is this and it is true--with God both we share.

Not alone in dark nor cold neither laugh nor smile
of sorrow and joy what we feel so does He
and so we look with heart to the storm to breathe its air!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More God Bolts